… is a private nonprofit organization and does not receive state or federal funding. Therefore, Stratford relies heavily on the generosity of caring people, like you, to fund our programs and activities.
All donations to SEC are tax deductible.
How can you support Stratford Ecological Center?
- Donate here>
- You can make a Gift of Giving in memory or honor of someone special. (Make sure to put the name & address of the person you’re giving the gift in honor of in the comment section of the form.)
- Become a Friend of Stratford (see below)
- Leave a legacy gift to Stratford in your will or estate – see “Forever Stratford” section below.
Your partnership in Stratford’s Bee-keeping initiative will benefit the environment, children and your family!
Our goal is to share the amazing world of honey bees with children and adults through experiential activities and programs at Stratford Ecological Center.
Your Sponsorship support will help our apiary team purchase supplies, equipment and to help develop educational materials for teaching youth and families about beekeeping.
Worker Bee Sponsor – $50 – You’ll receive a small 8 oz. decorative bottle of honey and a certificate of appreciation.
Queen Bee Sponsor – $250 – You will receive one pound of honey in a larger decorative bottle and a personal visit to Stratford to see the hives guided by one of our beekeeping team.
Bee Hive Sponsor – $500 – You and your family will sponsor one bee hive! Your name will be printed on a brass plate affixed to the hive lid. We will offer you and your family an “in the hive” experience guided by one of our beekeepers. Additionally, you’ll receive a full quart jar of honey and a photograph of you and your family at your hive with the name plate.
Ben Sippel Growing Forward Scholarship
In gratitude for an amazing friend who passed this
summer, supporters of Stratford Ecological Center
have created the Ben Sippel Growing Forward
Become a Friend of Stratford!
What is Friends of Stratford?
Friends of Stratford is an annual giving club for those who share the values and educational mission of Stratford. We are only able to carry out educational programs & activities with the financial help & support of our Friends!
Benefits of Being a Friend of Stratford
- Free Admission – No need to make the “suggested donation” each time you visit during our open hours this year.
- Free Friends of Stratford receptions with special invitations for you and your family to be held throughout the year. (Springtime on The Farm and Fall Color Spectacular)
- E-updates, announcements, upcoming programs and activities.
- It pays for itself as an investment for your family.
“As a co-founder of Stratford, I have obvious personal reasons for leaving a legacy to Stratford. But even beyond those emotional ties, I firmly believe in Stratford’s mission and strongly feel it is worth my support, in perpetuity.
Nowhere in Central Ohio is there such a unique, beautiful farm and forest complex where folks – especially children – can come to gain respect for the land that sustains them.
Through hands-on experiential education, they learn ecological concepts and how to view both farm and forest as natural habitats. They gain an appreciation of where their food and fiber come from, and an awareness of the marvelous wonders of the natural world.
Now, that’s pretty awesome!
Co-Founder – Stratford Ecological Center